Elderly & Vulnerable Clients
We have many years of knowledge and experience in providing advice on the law as it affects the elderly and vulnerable. We provide legal advice and practical assistance to our clients, their families and carers.
We are particularly concerned:
- To take care to understand our elderly and vulnerable clients’ needs and wishes
- To provide clear and constructive advice
- To provide peace of mind
- To respond rapidly to requests for advice
- To make house, care home or hospital calls where appropriate
We offer a wide range of services for our elderly and vulnerable clients including:
- Advising on and drawing up valid Wills
- Preparing and advising on Lasting Powers of Attorney for both financial and welfare decisions,
- Dealing with the registration of Lasting and Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Acting as attorneys and deputies dealing with the day-to-day administration of a client’s property and affairs
- Advising attorneys and deputies on their rights and responsibilities
- Advising on and handling applications to the Court of Protection
- Advising on and preparing Wills and Trusts that provide for vulnerable dependants
- Advising on issues of legal authority for decision making, capacity and best interests
- Advising on the financial aspects of care including local authority funding, financial planning and welfare benefits and working across legal boundaries with other professionals where required.
The best advice is to plan ahead for the future, to know who will make decisions for you when you are less able to cope, what those decisions will be and when they can be made.
Contact a member of our Private Client Team for further information