Smith Sutcliffe have been providing quality legal services in Burnley and Padiham for over 125 years. John Sutcliffe’s Practice was started in 1875 and James Smith opened his business in 1884.
The two firms continued as separate businesses until 1998, when the two firms amalgamated and became known as Smith Sutcliffe, practising from the Smith and Smith offices in Manchester Road, Burnley and the Sutcliffes office in White Horse Buildings, Padiham.
In a new development, in October 2012, the firm introduced a property sales division, opening an Estate Agency at premises at 36 Manchester Road Burnley. This business trades as "Clifford Smith Sutcliffe" in recognition of the previous history of that business.
The Smith Sutcliffe Partners all have longstanding connections with the people of Burnley and the surrounding area and have considerable local knowledge which allied to their legal expertise gives them unrivalled ability to deal with all aspects of law and its practice for the benefit of our clients.